Main Songs

January 06, 2008

Johnathan Edwards Diary

Dear Diary,
Tomorrow I will address the church on the subject of my new writing, Sinners at the Hand of an angry God. I think they will be deeply moved, and inspired to be better people, and do god's will on earth.
I plan to read a passage, but am not sure which I will chose. I am leanent towards the one in which I address the common human saying, "O sinner! Consider the fearful danger you are in: it is a great furnace of wrath, a wide and bottomless pit, full of the fire of wrath, that you are held over in the hand of that God, whose wrath is provoked and incensed as much against you, as against many of the damned in hell..."
I especailly like this one because it points out god's displeasure with the current american soceity. This, no doubt, is not going on in england. In england, no one stays home sick without visit from the church leaders. While they are ruled by theocracy cleverly hidden behind the king and queen titles, the ways of the church are carried out as they should be everywhere. I am, however, quite glad to live in such country that allows freedom to excercise all religions nondiscriminatively.
I must part for now because my wife has just finished preparing dinner. Also, I am writing a letter to the governor concerning my latest work. He sent a messenger earlier this week, and I am ever so excited to tell him everything and possibly get it published throughout the enitre city!
~J Edwards~

No comments: